14 moments in every student's semester
Take a look at some of the characteristic experiences
in a university semester
Meet Rudy and Lupin. These pooches live with a house full of students, so they’re no strangers to the emotional rollercoaster that is a university semester. Enthusiasm, determination, stress, exhaustion, and even pure laziness – they’ve seen it all. So no matter what you study, they’ll take you through 14 moments typical to every university student’s semester.
1. Buying Officeworks out of stationery at the beginning of each semester
Deep down you know you will never use that eight-pack of highlighters, and that diary you bought but haven’t written in is only reminding you how unorganised you really are.
But there’s something so satisfying about shopping for new stationery at the beginning of semester that has you spending up big.
Just make sure you have enough left over for textbooks.
2. Telling yourself you’re going to keep on top of all your courses
Admit it. You do this every semester.
It’s week one and you’ve got those new semester productivity vibes making you say crazy things.
Don’t worry, it’ll wear off real quick.
3. Experiencing a strong sense of accomplishment
just by rocking up to your 8am lecture
You’re not even sure it’s legal to be awake at this
hour but somehow you’ve made it.
Why isn’t everyone clapping?
4. Sharing the body clock of an owl…or a sloth
Morning people are a whole other species, you’re sure of it
For you, the day starts around noon, and by 2pm, it’s time to take your first nap.
But when the moon rises, so does your energy. It’s 11pm? That’s a great time for activities!
Apparently sunrises are pretty but you wouldn’t know.
5. Rewarding yourself with a tub of ice cream after writing five words on your essay
If you don’t eat copious amounts of junk food while you’re studying, then you are doing it wrong, my friend.
6. Accepting your slipping dress standards
Week one of semester you were looking fresh.
Now it’s week seven and you’ve reached that point where sleep is more important than your appearance.
You’ve discovered that if you don’t bother to shower, brush your hair or get changed, you can sleep for an additional 35 minutes before getting up for class!
7. Panicking when Word freezes and you can’t remember the last time you hit save
A moment of reflection for all the hard work lost to untimely computer glitches.
It's ruff, we know.
8. Making plans to be productive and then spending the afternoon napping
That’s it, you tell yourself. When I get home I’m going to clean my room, study for my exam and fold the washing. But when you get home, the reality is sometimes a little different.
9. Hiding from your responsibilities
Sometimes it just feels a little overwhelming. We’ve all been there.
You can hide all you want, but denying that you have four assignments due by Friday won’t make them go away.
10. Questioning whether you really need that degree
You’re drowning in assignments and can’t see the shore. You start thinking: Do I even need this degree? Is it worth all the effort?
Mike from Suits didn’t have a degree and that didn’t stop him from becoming a successful lawyer.
Let’s be real. Unless, like Mike, you are also a fictional character, this probably won’t happen to you.
Get back in there and keep swimming.
11. Achieving a good mark on a difficult assignment
A little self-confidence boost is just what you needed.
Hi-five to that.
12. When you weren’t as prepared for that quiz as you thought you were
You gave it your best but it didn’t quite go to plan.
Not to worry, there’s always another chip – I mean quiz.
13. Waiting for your assignment to be graded
You know you either aced that essay or you completely screwed up, but not knowing which is stressing you out.
Are they keeping you in suspense on purpose?
14. Walking out of your last exam for the semester
You did it! And doesn’t it feel good. There’s only one thing left to do...